Economics and similar, for the sleep-deprived
A subtle change has been made to the comments links, so they no longer pop up. Does this in any way help with the problem about comments not appearing on permalinked posts, readers?
Update: seemingly not
Update: Oh yeah!
Tuesday, December 24, 2002
And after all that, won't you give me a smile?
I may or may not finish the now massively oversold "longer piece" today, depending on lunch, but here's my shot at a Christmas quiz. Prizes will be awarded, although not necessarily given, and not necessarily to the people who do best at the quiz.
- The McVities Jaffa Cake. Is it a cake, or is it really a biscuit? And honestly, who cares?
- When Christina Aquilera sang "Voulez vous couchez avec moi?" in the song "Lady Marmalade", was she using the French word "vous" as the formal second person singular, or as the second person plural?
- Given that the Welsh language does not use the letter "Z", how many words are there in the "Z" section of the official Welsh dictionary?
- How do you know if your bagpipes are out of tune?
- Why do they have Braille on the buttons at drive-in ATMs? Why do you never see baby pigeons? Why aren't these questions obvious?
- "No two nations with a McDonalds have ever fought a war". True or false? How about "No American has ever died in space"?
- Sweden and Denmark -- only a long time ago, Germany -- most recently. France -- incessantly, but Portugal -- never. Given that the context is EU Member states, what?
- The principle that everybody's vote should count equally was enacted in the UK before the USA - true or false? Give dates for both.
- How much bigger than London is Los Angeles, in terms of population?
- Cunt, fuck, shit, piss - which Anglo-Saxon epithet is the odd one out?
Answers in the comments section ...
this item posted by the management 12/24/2002 01:24:00 AM